Every person should know about how to maintain personal security. Learning a few tips regarding personal security can be beneficial in the long run. Knowing about these tricks can mean the difference between life and death. Therefore it is essential that everyone is familiar with it.
- Be aware of your surrounding and what is happening around you.
- Don’t text while walking because this distracts you from what is happening around you.
- Don’t look down while walking. Look straight ahead so that you are aware of your surroundings.
- At night make, do not take deserted, poorly lit streets. Make sure to travel in packs as this avoids any attack from potential offenders. Also avoid using buses and trains that are isolated.
- Make sure that you know the exits of the building that you enter.
- Do not carry your bag in your hands because it makes it easier for thieves to snatch it. Always hang it on your shoulder and hold the straps. Or you can use a cross body bag.
- Lock your car when driving, especially when driving alone with personal and valuable things.
- When at the ATM, use your bag/wallet to block the view of the screen from people standing behind when entering the pin code.
- Do not count your money in public especially after withdrawing from an ATM.
- Do not use both ear plugs at the same time. This way you will be aware of your surroundings.
Personal security is not limited to situations that happen in the real world, they can also occur in the form of online hacking. To avoid such threats here are a few tips that you can consider
- Always use a password to protect your phone.
- Use passwords that are strong and it is recommended that you frequently change them. Using characters and numbers increases the strength of your password. Avoid using birthdays, birth years, you name and initials in passwords.
- Don’t give out passwords to people.
- Use a good anti-virus software for your computer, laptop or tablet as this can avoid hacks.
- Do not post your location especially on social media platforms where people can easily track you.
Taking these precautions and advice will help you in making you feel safer.