To keep your home and community safe, you need to work in a team. Having each other’s back can help you in keeping your community and neighborhood safe. That is why it is essential that you know the people in your neighborhood.
Ultimately this will create an atmosphere of trust and friendliness. And help you in keeping your neighborhood secure. It gives the opportunity to community members to get them involved and so can help in creating a sense of responsibility for taking care of the community. It allows community members to take ownership of their neighborhood so that they realize that they not only take from the community but also have to give to the community.
Here a few tips to keep yourself and your community safe.
- Know who your neighbors are.
- If your neighborhood has been faced with cases such as robbery, you should consider hiring a neighborhood security guard.
- You can have cameras installed in your community to help monitor activity.
- Have your neighbors check on your house when you are away.
- Neighbors can help you out when it comes to looking after your kids or pets. This way you don’t have to hire people from a third party, people that you may not be well acquainted with.
- Make sure that the street lights are working in your neighborhood.
- Encourage outdoor activity where you can mingle with others and make friends. Kids these days don’t play outside like kids used to do before. Going out for playtime and thus making friends can help in improving trust between neighbors. This can also help in reducing anti-social behavior among kids and teens.
- Make sure to lock your doors and keep your windows closed at night.
- Safety awareness seminars can be held to make people more aware about security risks and the necessary precautions to take.
Following these steps you can ensure that your home and neighborhood remains safe.